Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A wake-up call...


This blog was written way back June 8, 2009. I kept in the draft section of my mailbox.

Part of the wedding reception program is the giving of messages/advises of some very close friends and selected principal sponsors of the bride and groom. The wedding I attended yesterday was no exception on that part of the program but amazingly this is one out of the many weddings (one of which is my own wedding of course) that I have attended where I was able to give my full attention to the speeches given by the selected Ninong and Ninang.


"Do not go to bed angry 'coz you'll never know what will happen the next day." ---> Ninong
Easier said than done but I guess what's important is that don't go to sleep with a heavy heart. Conflicts and misunderstandings are part of our daily life. I am not the kind of person who would easily confront the person and say a lot of things over the conflict we had. It's just not my style. Yes... I getmad also but I just can't talk when I am mad or hurt. It's hard to find the words to say what I really feel and how to say it in a nice way. My healing process.... is to cry and pray. After pouring my heart out to the Lord, I feel so much better and that's when I am able to sleep.


"Bride, groom and God....the only LOVE TRIANGLE that WORKS." ---> Ninang
True enough, LOVE TRIANGLE never works for mere human beings. It only complicate the marriage... the relationship. But GOD as part of our love triangle... well there's simply MAGIC on it. As I recall in a song, LOVE moves in mysterious ways... in this case, it's... GOD moves in mysterious ways.

I now realize that attending weddings could become a wake up call to married couples. The messages that are intended for the newly wed couples could also strike you when you least expect it.

2 comments:

  1. hello po! thanks sa pag-visit sa blog ko (nag-isip pa ko kung sino, hahaha!)... and thanks sa compliment, natunaw naman ako sa papuri, grabe, frustration ko po yun sobra, yun talga ang gusto ko gawin kesa magkawkaw ng chemicals, hehehe... kung di lang ako takot sa nanay ko, baka journalist ako talga... oh well, unti unti nababago ko na ang path ko... baka after ko mag-asawa totally goodbye na sa chemicals, hehehe!

    these are nice start... just let the words flow, kayang kaya mo din magkaron ng magandang blog... ;) see you around po, miss kaye! take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cy! GO for it! So mag-asawa ka na agad para bye bye chemicals ka na. hehehe. Ingat po!

    ReplyDelete