Thursday, March 25, 2010

Who's not afraid of CHANGE?

For 3 days now, I am enjoying the book of Bo Sanchez entitled DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY. Last night was extraordinary because I came across a section which struck me. It's about CHANGE. Yes, Change.

Well, who is not afraid of change? It's choosing between TRIED and TESTED vs. YOU DON'T KNOW YET WHAT'S IN STORE FOR YOU. Everytime I feel bored or tired of my normal routine here at the office, I always end up thinking "Mag resign kaya ako?" Believe me, I have thought of this a hundered times already but at the end of the day, it does not happen. Why? Maybe because I fear change. And this article opened my eyes that I don't have to fear change. To go for something that you really desire and want. To follow your dream.

Ooops! It's not what you're thinking. I am not going to resign yet. Not for now!


The Stream and the Wind

One day, the Stream stared at the desert -- and sighed a deep sigh.
He knew he was stuck. How could he cross this giant desert?
So the stream talked to the Wind.
"Mr. Wind, I need your advice. I want to cross this gigantic desert. But if I throw myself to it, the sand will absorb me and I will be no more..."
"That is true," the Wind thought deeply.
"So what should I do? You see I have a dream. I want to grow. I want more fish to make their home in me. I want more trees to plant their roots on my shoulders. I want happy families to have picnics on my banks, I want to bless the world with great love."
The Wind smiled, "I can help you. I can absorb you and carry you through this desert."
The Stream was stunned. He said, "Isn't it terryfying? What does that mean that you will absorb me?"
"That means that you'll become a cloud and I'll carry you to the other side of the desert. Once there, you'll become rain and you can become a stream again."
"I'll change my form? I'll no longer be me?"

"Mr. Stream, you have three choices. Your first choice is to give up your dream and stay where you are."
The Stream said, "Out of the question. My dream of love pushes me to grow."
"Your second choice," said the Wind, "is to cross the desert without changing anything. To dream and yet to prevent the dream from changing you."
"And what is my third choice?"
"To dream and embrace change," the Wind smiled.
"Carry me, Mr. Wind. I'm ready!" the Stream laughed.

Immediately, the Wind rushed down and blew hard on the Stream. Bits and pieces of the Stream began to swirl upwards. It was terrifying. Chaos ruled!
For a moment, the Stream was gripped by the clutches of fear again.
So the Wind shouted through the chaos, "Who are you? You're not a Stream. You're Water! Your essence is not your form. When you know who you really are, you can be comfortable amidst the chaos. Because deep within you, you know that nothing will ever change."
Water said, "But I am still afraid!"
"Love who you are and love your dream. Love the fish who will live in you, the trees who will be planted on your shoulders, and the families who will have picnics on your banks. And love will push all your fear away."
Finally, at the other side of the desert, the falling rain collected itself into a Stream again. When he was complete, he said, "Mr. Wind, I don't know how to thank you. You changed me."
The Wind smiled, "No, my friend. Only love can change you."

1 comment:

  1. recently, an engineer here gave me a gift, she thought that I would love books since I love writing. She put her personal note to me on the inside of the book. She had resigned here since then. The book was the same as yours and the page she left her note was just similar with you.

    take care mam kaye...

    ReplyDelete